Paryatan Parv 2018
- India is organizing 2nd edition of Paryatan Parv to draw focus on the benefits of tourism.
- The idea is to showcase the cultural diversity of the country and reinforcing the principle of 'Tourism for All'.
- It is being organized by the Ministry of Tourism in collaboration with other Central Ministries, State Governments.
- The three components of Paryatan Parv, are:
- Dekho Apna Desh: To encourage Indians to visit their own country
- Tourism for All: Tourism Events at sites across all States in the country are being organised
- Tourism & Governance: Interactive Sessions & Workshops with Stakeholders on varied themes will be organized across the Country
India’s 1st underwater robotic drone
- India has launched its first underwater robotic drone, ‘ EyeRov TUNA’.
- It can send real-time videos of ships and other underwater structures to help with their repair and maintenance.
- It is designed to perform visual inspection and surveys of submerged structures up to the depth of 100 m.
- It was handed over to the Naval Physical and Oceanographic Laboratory (NPOL) of DRDO.
- Eyerovtuna was developed by a Kochi based Startup EyeROV Technologies.
New Tuberculosis Drug
- British scientists have developed a non-antibiotic drug that may in future treat tuberculosis (TB) in humans effectively.
- TB is caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis, a species of pathogenic bacteria that is spread through the air.
- Instead of targeting the bacteria that causes Tuberculosis this drug works by targeting the defense mechanism of the bacteria.
G-20 meet in Argentina
- G-20 trade and investment ministerial meeting held in Argentina.
- Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu participate in this meeting at Mar del Plata in Argentina.
- Over 35 heads of the delegation are attending the G20 Trade and Investment Ministerial Meeting.
- Global supply chains and the new industrial revolution are high on the agenda.
- The G20 members include India, Argentina, Brazil, Canada, China, EU, France, Germany, Indonesia, Japan, Mexico, Russia, South Africa, UK and the US.
- In spite of the current international trade environment, the ministerial statement calls on keeping markets open, addressing economic development and reinvigorating the international trading system.