ISRO Successfully launched UK satellites
- ISRO has successfully launched two earth observation satellites NovaSAR and S1-4, weighing 450kg each into Sun Synchronous Orbit.
- ISRO has used PSLV-C42 (Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle - C42) rocket to send these satellites of United Kingdom. It was 44th mission of PSLV.
- These satellites are synthetic Aperture radar and high-resolution optical earth observation satellites aimed at imaging, surveying resources, forest mapping, land use, ice cap, flood n disaster monitoring, urban management etc.
- The satellites belong to UK-based Surrey Satellite Technology Limited.
Nepal-China joint military drill
- Nepal-China began its 12-day long Military Exercise 'Mt. Everest Friendship Exercise'.
- It is the second edition of Nepal-China military drill.
- It is being organized in China's Sichuan province.
- Indo-Nepal battalion-level military exercise is known as ‘Surya Kiran’.
MP Fund remain unspent
- Under the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI), Member of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS) funded and administered.
- In this scheme, every MP is allocated Rs.5 crore per year in their constituency.
- Central Information Commission (CIC) in its recent report has highlighted that Rs.12,000 crore of MPLADS remains unspent.
- CIC has aksed Lok Sabha Speaker and the Rajya Sabha Chairman to come out with a legal framework to ensure accountability of parliamentarians and political parties for their obligations under the scheme.
One-Liners for Preliminary Exams
- Boxers Simranjit Kaur (64kg), Monika (48kg) and Bhagyabati Kachari (81kg) won gold medals at the Ahmet Comert Tournament in Istanbul, Turkey.
- An indigenously DRDO developed low weight Man Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM) was successfully flight tested for the second time from Ahmednagar test range. It will complement Israel made Spike Anti-Tank Guided Missile.
- The Jaipur Literature Festival began in Houston at the Asia Society of Texas on 14th September 2018.