Goldman downgrades Indian Stocks
- First time since 2014, Goldman Sachs has downgraded Indian Equities from BUY to HOLD.
- Reasons cited were Expensive Valuation and Upcoming Election.
- Goldman has been bullish on Indian stocks since March 2014 because of expected 'pro-growth government policies and structural reforms'.
- Goldman Sachs is a multinational investment bank and financial services company headquartered in New York, US.
70th Emmy AwardsHBO series Game of Thrones won 9 awards at this year's Emmy Awards given by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
- Drama Series: "Game of Thrones"
- Comedy Series: "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel"
- Actor, Drama Series: Matthew Rhys, "The Americans"
- Actress, Drama Series: Claire Foy, "The Crown"
- Supporting Actor, Drama Series: Peter Dinklage, "Game of Thrones"
An Emmy Award, or simply Emmy, is an American award that recognizes excellence in the television industry, and is the equivalent of an Academy Award (for film), the Tony Award (for theater), and the Grammy Award (for music).
Yusaku Maezawa to become 1st Moon Tourist
- Billionaire Yusaku Maezawa is set to become the first paying passenger to the fly around moon trip.
- SpaceX founder Elon Musk, termed him 'the bravest person' for the 'dangerous mission.
- SpaceX is has planned various test flights before final manned mission in 2023.
- The SpaceX's BFR rocket will take him to this journey.
- He is founder of Japan's largest clothing website zozotown and haing USD 2.9 bn net worth.
- He is well known for his art collection, and drummer at Punk Band.
New US Tariffs on $200 bn Chinese goods
- The United States has imposed 10 percent tax on an additional $200 billion Chinese goods, this will increase to 25 percent next year.
- This new tariff has intensified the trade war between both the countries, effect of which is being felt on global market.
- Earlier US put tarrifs on $50 bn of Chinese goods.
- Along with this new tariff US has thretened that any retaliation from Chinese side will invite tarrif cover on further $267 bn of goods left.
Merger of BoB, Dena and Vijaya
- Boards of Bank of Baroda, Dena Bank and Vijaya Bank are adviced by Governmet to merge the three Banks.
- Merged entity will form India's 3rd larget bank.
- Government also assured that no employee will face adverse service condition due to this merger.
One-Liners for Preliminary Tests
- Germany has launched the world’s first hydrogen-powered train named ‘Coradia iLint train’ built by French TGV-maker Alstrom, it can run 1,000 kilometres on a single tank of hydrogen.
- Bangladesh cabinet approved agreement that allows India to use the Chittagong and Mongla seaports for transporting goods to and from its land-locked northeastern states.