13th President of Pakistan - Dr. Arif-ul-Rehman Alvi
- 59 years old Dr. Arif-ul-Rehman Alvi elected as the 13 President of Pakistan
- Dr. Alvi is the founding member of the Pakistan Tahreek-e-Insaf (PTI) and is a close ally of newly elected Prime Minister Imran Khan.
- Representatives of all three major parties viz. Pakistan Tahreek-e-Insaf (PTI), Pakistan Muslim League-N (PML-N), and Pakistan People's Party (PPP) were in the contest; they secured 212, 131 and 81 votes respectively.
- Prior to joining politics, he was a dentist. His father Dr. Habib ur Rehman Elahi Alvi was the dentist to Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru before partition.
National Nutrition Month - September
- Under the aegis of Union Ministry of Women and Child Development is celebrating National Nutrition Month (Rashtriya Poshan Maah) this September to mark fight against malnutrition (every year starting from 2018).
- Various programmes to spread broad awareness on issues related to malnutrition like stunting, under-nutrition, anemia and low birth weight in children are being organized across the country.
- Prime Minister's Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nutrition (POSHAN Abhiyan) is aimed at bringing down stunting in children (0-6 years) from 38% to 25% by 2022.
Asia Index launches S&P BSE Pvt Banks Index
- Asia Index, a joint venture between S&P Dow Jones Indices and BSE Ltd, announced the launch of an index designed to measure the performance of private banks.
- The S&P BSE Private Banks Index is drawn from the constituents of the S&P BSE Finance Index.
- The index is calculated in Indian Rupees and US Dollar and is calculated real-time by BSE.
One-Liners for Preliminary Tests
- 3rd India-Kazakhstan joint army exercise KAZIND to be held in Ortar, Kazakistan this year (last year's host was India) to build and promote bilateral Army relations nd exchange skills and experiences. Prabal Dostyk is another joint military exercise between these two countries.
- It is the responsibility of the school to have every student enrolled for AADHAR, they can't simply deny admission in case of non-availability: UIDAI
- Various news agencies have reported from highly placed sources that Justice Ranjan Gogoi is all set to become 46th Chief Justice of India his tenure will be of 13 months, he will take the oath on 3rd October.
- The International Women Entrepreneurs Summit 2018 is being held in Kathmandu, Nepal. The theme of the 3-day event is “Equality begins with Economic Empowerment”.
- America’s online shopping giant Amazon on September 4, 2018, became the second US company (after Apple) to hit $ 1 trillion in stock market value.
- 5th September, Teachers’ Day is celebrated throughout India on the birth anniversary of educationist and former President Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan. Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu gave National Teachers’ Awards in New Delhi as public recognition to meritorious school teachers.